We still have room for more participants so you can still join us for the camp! Apply here or email email@example.com
Camp is now also open to 19-year-olds who want to join!
Are you a girl who loves technology? Interested in computers? Want to spend an amazing week this summer learning all about useful digital skills? Then join our summer Girl Geek Camp!
What Is It?
Take Back the Tech are organizing a geek camp for 25 girls this July 8-14, 2011 in Lebanon. You will learn from experienced young women how to:
- Create a blog, write and express yourself, and do citizen journalism
- Use social networks like Facebook and Twitter to spread useful information
- Film a video on your camera or mobile phone, edit it, and upload it to YouTube
- Take great photographs
- Do research online
- Pick a university major related to technology
- Browse and use the internet securely
- + all about computer languages, open-source, creative commons, and lots more!
Who Is It For?
The camp is open to all girls who are:
- Between 15 and 19 years old
- Have some basic experience in using computers and the Internet
- Interested in gaining more technology skills
When and Where?
We will leave Beirut in a bus on Monday, July 8 at 9am and return to Beirut on Sunday, July 14 at 6pm. We will be camping in the beautiful EcoLodge in Taanayel and the program will include lots of sports, games, social activities as well as – of course – the technology training sessions.
How Much Does It Cost?
As much as you can pay! We are raising funds to cover the camp expenses, so you can pay anything between $10 and $200 to cover your costs, whatever you can afford.
How Do I Apply?
That’s all you need to apply! If you’re interested, please fill in this application form and you can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03-487051 for more information. Applications still open!